Navigate through submissions
Click on Dashboard to get started.
The Dashboard is the most important page. Submissions will appear here. Remember that Claudius has created a two-tiered system.
- 1.Pending = an author has requested that you review their article. At this point, the article has not been accepted for review (by you), and the author has not been charged.
- 2.Under Review = you have accepted the article for review. You now have two months to complete your review.
If you click on a pending submission, you will see a screen like this:
The submission page includes the following info:
- 1.The author’s info (click on their name to see their bio and CV)
- 2.Note that Claudius uses a semi-blind system. The main journal account will always see the author’s info. The editor accounts will only see the author’s info prior to acceptance for review. Once an article is under review, the author’s info will be hidden.
- 3.At the top right, there is an “Accept for Review?” tab. This is where, after reviewing the author’s info and the abstract/manuscript/supplemental materials, you can make a decision about whether or not to review the manuscript.
If you accept an article for review, it will move from “Pending” to “Under Review” on your dashboard.
On the Dashboard page, open up the filter with the down arrow.
You can now filter/sort by “Field of Law”, “Submission Type”, and also by “Best Offer”. For instance, if you select T-14, it will show you all of the articles currently under review by you that have received offers from T-14 journals. If you click on these articles, you can see which journals made the offers and how much time is left on those offers.